The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
National Project Coordinator -Water & Land- Morocco
National Recruited Staff
Reports to: Director, IWLMP & Regional Coordinator-North Africa Regional Program (NARP)
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Closing date: 1 March 2013
Main purpose of the position
Coordinate and provide technical support to water and land projects of the IWLMP in Morocco including the Water Benchmarks of WANA, the Olive Irrigation and the Mountainous Water Management projects. The NRS will be based at ICARDA office in Rabat.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research center based in Aleppo, Syria, supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). We are committed to the improvement of livelihoods of the resource-poor in dry areas by enhancing food security and alleviating poverty through agricultural research, and the equitable use and conservation of natural resources. For more details: www.icarda.org.
– Coordinate and support collaborative research activities with the Ministry of Agriculture, the INRA-Morocco, and other national and international organizations working in the agricultural sector in the country.
– Work with a multi disciplinary team from ICARDA and the Agricultural Research System in Morocco to coordinate research and technology dissemination and out scaling activities within the joint research for development program, administrative, financial, and logistics management of the program in Morocco.
– Assess the need for ICARDA’s assistance in technical backstopping, data collection, training and other areas.
– Assist in mobilizing resources to support the activities in Morocco and coordinate the ongoing and future projects.
Education, qualifications and experience
– Moroccan nationality and willing to stay in Rabat.
– MSc or PhD in agricultural engineering, water management, soil-water or one of the relevant agricultural fields.
-Minimum 5 years of experience with a proven record of ISI publication.
– Coordination, managerial, supervisory and communication skills, and ability to work in a team.
– Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research and interpret research results.
– Willingness to travel frequently within Morocco as well as to planning meetings at ICARDA headquarters (Syria) and other countries.
– Ability to write concise reports frequently and to administer field work and fluency in English, and computer skills are required.
Salary and benefits will depend on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS). Only Moroccans can apply.
The initial period of employment will be for three years and could be renewed annually based on performance evaluation and availability of funds. Starting salary will depend on relevant qualifications and experience. ICARDA provides 30 days annual leave, a savings scheme, and medical/life insurance.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.icarda.org/iea/ by 1 March 2013
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.