British Embassy Rabat
Working for the British Embassy Rabat
Working at the British Embassy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity to grow professionally while collaborating with a talented group of individuals.
The British Embassy in Rabat is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. Therefore, we welcome applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, creed or age.
The British Embassy does not accept internships.
The British Embassy invites applications for the position of Projects Manager. This is a key position delivering a range of Embassy project work, including our Arab Partnership fund. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who has experience of running programmes with a range of actors and who can build strong working relationships with Ministries, other Embassies and NGOs. We are interested in applications from candidates who have the energy to kick-start new initiatives and deliver high impact projects. This position will be to cover 14 weeks maternity leave. The projected starting date is 7 May 2013.
Candidates must have:
– High standard of spoken and written English (IELTS score of at least 7 or equivalent)Bilingual level of spoken and written French;
– Experience of managing a portfolio of projects;
– Working knowledge of Microsoft applications;
– Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
The following are desirable but not essential:
– Bilingual level of written and spoken Arabic;
– Experience of working with civil society and international institutions.
The Projects Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include:
– Management, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
– Development of new project ideas and drafting of project bids;
– Developing contacts with key partners and civil society;
– Line management of a Projects Assistant.
The key competences for this job, which will be tested at interview, will be:
– Delivering Results;
– Problem Solving and Judgement;
– Customer Focus;
– Working with Others.
The starting salary for this job will be DH 19,746 per month gross.
A covering letter, CV and references should be sent to email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of applications is 0800 on 2nd April 2013. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted soon after this date to arrange the next stage of the selection process.
The appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period of one month.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. Our officers are recruited on merit through fair and open competition. We seek our strength through diversity and appoint suitably qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, social background age or disability.